We all know that a healthy diet promotes overall wellness. But is there a link to productivity at work?
According to a recent study, 77% of lost productivity is attributable to health-related issues. Employees who do not regularly eat whole grains, fruits and vegetables are 66% more likely than healthy eaters to say they experienced a decrease in productivity. Key factors that determine whether an employee is going to be productive or not include exercise, sleep, and smoking.
This infographic displays how health impacts lifestyle for desk jockeys.
So, the next time you cater a meal for your colleagues, keep it healthy. And, consider taking other measures such as:
- Replace vending machine offerings with healthy alternatives
- Offer water instead of sugary sodas and other drinks
- Make fruit available in break rooms
- Stand during conference calls
- Consider standing desks
- Get out of the conference room and go for a team walk
Guest blogger Jeff Richau is a Client Success Coordinator at ZeroCater in San Francisco. Richau has been with ZeroCater for three years, during which he has planned thousands of catered office lunches and helped launch the company's Chicago market.